With the economy in crisis, it’s more prudent than ever to avoid unnecessary expenditures. Ask yourself before buying…
• Do I really need it, or just want it? If you honestly don’t need it, save the money.
• Can I afford it? If you have to borrow to make the purchase, you can’t.
• Do I already have something else that will serve as well?
Article Continues Below
• Can I wait until I find a better price or cheaper substitute? A little patience can save money.
• Do I need it now? Retailers are expert at provoking the impulse buy. Before buying, walk away to take some time to think about it. You may realize that you don’t need it at all.